Mediterranean Baked Prawns with Vegetables
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 40‐45 minutes
Total: 50-55 minutes
1x 260g De Costi Raw Prawn Meat
2 sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
2 zucchinis, sliced
1 red onion, sliced thinly
2 bunches vine‐ripened tomatoes
4 tsp oregano
4 garlic cloves crushed
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil.
Salt & pepper to taste.
METHOD: (Preheat oven 200°)
1. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and place the sweet potato, 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil and 1 tsp oregano onto the tray, bake for 25 minutes.
2. Remove the tray from the oven and move sweet potato over to one side of the tray. On the other side, add the zucchini, red onion and vine‐ripened tomatoes. Drizzle with 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp oregano and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a medium bowl, place 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 2 tsp oregano, crushed garlic, juice and zest of 1 lemon. Add the De Costi Raw Prawn Meat and coat.
4. Remove the tray from the oven and move vegetables over to one side with the vine‐ripened tomatoes sitting on the top layer. Add the raw prawns to the other side of the tray and evenly space out into 3 rows.
5. Spoon the left-over sauce mixture onto the prawns and vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 5‐8 minutes or until prawns are cooked through and have an orange tinge in colour.
6. Remove the baking tray from the oven and place onto a heatproof surface. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon onto the Mediterranean baked prawns with vegetables, gather around with your cutlery and share this dish straight from the tray.
Thanks to bodylovenutrition_ for this mediterranean prawn bake