Prawn and Avocado Sushi Rolls
Serves: 4 people | Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
2 cups sushi rice
2.5 cups water
¼ cup sushi seasoning
10 sheets nori
2 avocados, halved and sliced thinly
2 packs De Costi Cooked and Peeled Prawns, tails removed
Soy sauce, to serve
Wasabi paste, to serve
Pickled ginger, to serve
- Rinse rice under cold running water to remove starch. Add to a saucepan with water. Heat over a high heat until rice begins to boil. Turn down heat to the lowest setting and place lid on saucepan. Allow to steam for 15 minutes.
- Once 15 minutes has elapsed, remove from heat but leave rice to sit for a further 10 minutes before scooping rice in to a bowl. Add sushi seasoning and stir to combine. Allow rice to cool completely.
- To prepare sushi, lay out one nori sheet, shiny side down on a bamboo sushi mat. Using a spatula or wet hands, scoop out sushi rice and spread evenly across nori, leaving a two centimetre border at the far end.
- Place avocado and prawns in a line along rice approximately one third of the way up. Hold filling in place while you roll the mat over, enclosing the filling tightly. Moisten the border of the nori to help it stick. Repeat with remaining nori sheets, rice, prawns and avocado.
- Slice sushi rolls in to 1.5 centimetre slices. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.