Risoni with prawns and fennel
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Cook method: pan fry
2 x De Costi Seafoods Cooked and Peeled Prawns
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ head of fennel, thinly sliced
200g cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
250g (1 ¼ cups) risoni (orzo) pasta
½ cup white wine (optional)
2 ½ cups vegetable stock
1 bunch basil leaves
100g feta cheese
- In a large frypan, heat olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Add garlic, fennel and cherry tomatoes and sauté until softened, approximately 3-5 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook for a further 2 minutes until paste becomes a deeper red colour.
- Add risoni and stir to coat in tomato paste and vegetables. Add white wine if using, stirring until mostly absorbed by the pasta. Add all the vegetable stock.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook until liquid has been absorbed by the pasta – around 15 minutes, stirring regularly to avoid pasta sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once cooked, stir through prawns and basil leaves, until prawns have heated through and basil has wilted. To serve, divide amongst four plates and crumble with feta cheese.
- If omitting wine, replace with an additional ½ cup of vegetable stock.