Creamy Prawn Risotto
Time 45 minutes
1x 280g De Costi Prawns with Lemon and Garlic Butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 litre of chicken stock
1 garlic clove, finely diced
1 ½ cups of Arborio Rice
½ cup dry wine
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
One lemon, sliced into wedges
1. Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan and cook prawns on medium heat for approximately 5 minutes until slightly golden and cooked through. Remove from pan.
2. Place stock in a separate saucepan and cook over medium heat until boiling then reduce heat to simmer.
3. Add garlic to the first saucepan, adding more oil if required and cook for one minute until aromatic. Add rice and stir well until slightly toasted then add the wine and stir until it evaporates.
4. Add the stock to the rice mixture one cup at a time until each cup of stock is absorbed and rice is cooked.
5. Add butter, parsley and half of the prawns and cook gently for another 2 – 3 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper then sit for at least 2 minutes before serving.
6. Serve immediately and top with remaining prawns. Garnish with lemon wedges and extra coriander.
Handy Hint: Can add 1 red chilli in for extra flavour