Crumbed Whiting Japanese Curry
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cook method: pan fry
2x De Costi Seafood Crumbed Whiting Fillets
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 brown onion, cut into chunks
1 large carrot, cut into chunks
1 packet (92g) Japanese curry sauce cubes
2 cups cooked white rice, to serve
2 tbsp sesame seeds, to serve
- Heat one tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium to high heat. Cook crumbed whiting fillets in batches – approximately 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- To make the curry, heat remaining one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a clean fry pan over medium to high heat. Sauté onion and carrot until they begin to colour, around 3 minutes.
- Pour water over vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes until carrot has softened. Remove pan from heat.
- Break up curry cubes and add to the water. Stir well until curry cubes dissolve, creating a creamy curry sauce.
- To serve, top cooked rice with crumbed whiting fillets and spoon over curry sauce and vegetables. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.