Crumbed Whiting Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
For the tacos:
2 x De Costi Whiting Fillets Crumbed -275g
16 small soft taco tortillas
For the salsa:
½ large Spanish onion (about 100g)
2 tsp salt
½ bunch coriander
2 long red chillis
250g (1 cup) pineapple
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano flakes
reserved coriander sprigs
2 limes, lime wedges
200ml unsweetened coconut yogurt
METHOD: (Pre-heated 180°C oven)
1. Peel and slice onion thinly into ½ rounds. Sprinkle with Sea Salt flakes, toss, and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Remove some sprigs from the coriander for garnish. Finely chop remaining coriander roots and stems, the chilli, and pineapple.
3. Place De Costi Crumbed Whiting fillets on in a single layer on baking paper. Bake for 6 minutes.
4. Wrap tortillas tightly in foil, and place in the oven to warm through. Place in the oven to warm through for 4-5 minutes.
5. To finish the salsa, mix salted onions with pineapple mix, stir through ground cumin and oregano flakes.
6. Serve the tacos DIY style with reserved coriander, lime wedges and coconut yogurt.
Recipe credit - Kitchen Rescue