Crumbed Whiting with Cauliflower Fried Rice
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
Total Time 25 minutes
1x 275g De Costi Seafood Crumbed Whiting Fillets
1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 cups frozen mixed carrots, corn and peas
½ bunch spring onion, chopped
3 large eggs, beaten
1 brown onion, diced
¼ cup salt reduced soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
Salt & pepper to taste.
1. Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and process until fine. Set the cauliflower aside.
2. Add 1 tbsp of sesame oil into a wok over medium heat, add eggs and cook for 2 minutes until scrambled. Set aside, season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the remaining sesame oil into the pan and turn the heat up to high, add onions and cook for 1 minute until translucent, then add in the mixed vegetables and cook for a further 6 minutes or until softened.
4. Meanwhile, heat another medium sized pan with the extra virgin olive oil on low-medium heat and add in the De Costi Seafood Crumbed Whiting fillets, cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden in colour and set aside.
5. Add the cauliflower to the pan with the vegetable mixture and stir for 1 minute until combined. Add in the soy sauce, half of the spring onions, scrambled eggs and salt and pepper to taste, stir whilst cooking for 5 minutes.
6. Serve the golden crumbed whiting fillets with the cauliflower fried rice and top with the remaining spring onions and sesame seeds.
You can add some more soy sauce or chilli flakes to your liking to boost the flavour of this dish.
Thanks to bodylovenutrition_ for this delicious recipe