Pineapple Prawn Fried Rice
1x 260g De Costi cooked and Peeled Prawns, Tails Removed
3 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp sugar
1 ½ cups fresh pineapple chunks, keep shell
¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
1 red chilli thinly sliced
3-4 cups cooked rice*
¼ cup vegetable stock
1 tbsp minced garlic
½ cup frozen peas
2-3 springs onions finely sliced
2 Tbsp cashews, crushed
1. Combine stir-fry sauce ingredients (fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar) together, stir to dissolve.
2. Heat a large wok/fry pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and swirl around, then add garlic, red onion and chili stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Add 1 - 2 tbsp of vegetable stock and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Push ingredients aside in a bowl and crack egg into pan stirring quickly to cook like scrambled eggs
5. Now add De Costi Cooked and Peeled Prawns, rice, pineapple chunks, peas.
6. Drizzle stir-fry sauce mixture over and gently stir-fry to combine. You want the rice to make popping sounds while it fries (5-10 minutes). Add cashews once towards of cooking time.
7. To serve: Scoop rice into carved out pineapple boat to serve at a party or into serving platter. Top with spring onion and enjoy.
*Cook rice in vegetable stock